Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

new adjustable single pin bow sight by CBE

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

new adjustable single pin bow sight by CBE

Postby dreamhunter » 11 20, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I have finally got around to start shooting with my new Custom Bow Equipment sight. This thing is a dream. I just set up a target,walk back a bit,range it and adjust the sight and shoot. It's right on.So far I have been shooting from 20-55 yds and its working great.I've only lost one arrow. I forgot to adjust the sight and hit low and it skipped and is still headed west as far as I know,lol. I met a couple guys from Georgia this past elk hunting season and cliff shot his elk at 52 yds and Brandon shot his at 72 yds. Both were kills and were retrieved. The whole party of 5 were using the single pin adjustable. They said they shoot 4-5 times per week and shoot as far as 120 yds and hit.Anybody else using anything like this
dreamhunter

First Name: Holly
Last Name: Paugh

Re: new adjustable single pin bow sight by CBE

Postby eltaco » 11 20, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I use a multipin slider for the reason you mentioned... I absolutely know I'd forget to change the distance when a bull crosses my lane! I use the slider all year for practice, but it would truly have to be a perfect scenario for me to dial it out in the field. I really love the slider, shooting at 100yds has dramatically helped my accuracy at 40-60yds.
eltaco

Re: new adjustable single pin bow sight by CBE

Postby 2OArchery » 11 20, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I shoot a 7 pin and shoot regularly and accurately out to 120. I have often thought of getting a slider for long distance shooting, but like eltaco said, I'd forget to adjust in the moment of truth.
2OArchery