Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

quick review of some new gear we ran thru the paces.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Postby pointysticks » 09 17, 2012 •  [Post 1]

FHF bino case: man, winner winner chicken dinner!! this thing is amazing. super comfy, and super easy to adjust while you add or shed clothing. i had some growing pains getting used to closing the case with the two security straps holding my binos. i might use only one strap next time. the side pocket was the perfect place to attach my RINO garmin GPS thing.

Schnee Beartooth insulated boots. not one blister!! i did take the time to break them in. first day in idaho, i did use some moleskin on some suspect spots..one day..the rest (of the days) my feet were only covered with merino wool..no blisters. i worked those boots. great traction, and they saved me an ankle sprain..i stepped wrong over a downed tree, my ankle started to roll, and i even fell down. my ankle felt pain, but i walked it off, no sprain, no swelling..phew! one guy in camp lost a toe-nail. ouch!

high end ice chest. we had one Engel, one Yeti, and one Brutebox ice chest in camp. good? meh! my cheap ultra Igloo hung with all of them in terms of ice preserving. but i did take the time to freeze all the contents prior to loading my box. even one gallon of grape juice. not so sure, i would have had any ice left if i simply loaded it will refrigerated goods.

kifaru 20 degree bag..i would have frozen. i relied on my zero degree marmot to let me sleep unpuckered. we camped comfy, so i didnt worry about weight..i was next to my truck. with the kifaru, i will need to wear my clothing.

that's it for my new stuff.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: quick review of some new gear we ran thru the paces.

Postby POk3s » 09 18, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Thanks for the review. I need a new bino case and I was never sold on the expensive coolers!
Trent Williams
ElkNut Field Staff
POk3s

Postby ElkNut1 » 09 20, 2012 •  [Post 3]

X2 Pack, tough as nails!!! Viper Trick by Slick Trick, awesome!!! That is one tough head! My Son & I took both our bulls with the same head, I just resharpened it after the 1st bull!!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby pointysticks » 09 20, 2012 •  [Post 4]

great broadhead!! they fly beautifully.

that pack is my brother's pack. he loves it. not many packs will hold a bow as secure.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby BarW » 09 24, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Does that x2 pack hold a hydration bladder?
BarW

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Wiggins

Postby stykbow67 » 09 24, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Yes, I think they're actually designed to hold 2

Steve
stykbow67

First Name: Steve
Last Name: Ehlers

Postby outdoordan » 09 28, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Yep, the X2 has hydration on both sides. We sell them and are a elknut forum sponsor. Thanks!

http://www.hunthardcore1.com/
outdoordan

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Allred