Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Vortex Ranger 1000 Rangefinder

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Vortex Ranger 1000 Rangefinder

Postby Swede » 09 03, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I am just back from my annual elk hunt. I got a nice 5x5 this year. I will share a picture or two when I can figure out how to size them for posting. Elknut explained it to me once, but I did not write down the instructions. :oops: I thought I would remember, but I have had several coffee breaks since then, so I will need to be retrained.
Anyway one of the pleasant surprises I experienced in eastern Oregon was getting the new Vortex rangefinder I had ordered from Elknut. My old rangefinder was malfunctioning. About 1/3 0f the leds do not show anymore. With a little extra effort on Paul's part and thanks to my wife and son, it arrived in elk camp the day before the hunt started.
The new Vortex is small but easy to handle and easy to use. The display is far easier to read than my old rangefinder. My son has a new rangefinder, which he received for Christmas. It is pricer than mine, but he still wanted to trade me. The display on Vortex shows up in the lowest of light, and the optics are binocular quality. One of the nicer surprises was the belt clip that the Ranger 1000 has. As a tree stand hunter, I liked clipping it to my safety harness, while having the lanyard around my neck. It was very accessable. In addition the new rangefinder calculated horizontal distance for me. Now I do not need to think about it. All of that said, the new Vortex came with great support from Paul who personally stands behind the products he sells, and at a price that I don't think can be beaten.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Vortex Ranger 1000 Rangefinder

Postby foxvalley » 09 04, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Swede,
Congrats on your bull, very nice.
I am looking forward to using my new vortex also,it fits nicely in my breast pocket,and is so easy to read and use.
foxvalley

First Name: doug
Last Name: houghton