Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

?? On Badlands Superday

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

?? On Badlands Superday

Postby tracker12 » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 1]

In a pinch can you get a hind QTR inside of an empty Badlands Superday. It there a way to strap in on the outside?
tracker12

Re: ?? On Badlands Superday

Postby Curvebow » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I have the Badlands Superday Pack. I don't think that a hindquarter would fit. A good chunk would. As is the case with any internal pack, you would need a palstic bag to keep blood under control. Whikle the bag looks large from the outside, it has 3 compartments in total which would preclude something as large as a hind. It is still a great pack that I use through all seasons and would buy again.

>>>>--------->
Curvebow

First Name: Ken
Last Name: Skibinski

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Nope. Bout all you can bring out with a Superday are the straps, loins, and a rack tied on to the pack at the most. Like Curvebow mentioned, the pack has several compartments inside including one that the hydration bladder fits in. Don't forget the plastic sack to put the game bag with the straps and loins in it. This pack is not a meat hauler but is a very good day pack. RJ
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby >>>---WW----> » 08 29, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Nope, not a chance! But, I think you could strap a front leg to the outside by placing the bone of the knee joint in the gun pouch that is stored in the bottom of the pack and lashing the upper portion to the outside. I wouldn't recommend trying that with a hind quarter though.

The Superday is a great daypack and you could get the loins and backstraps out on the first load with it and come back with a frame for the rest later. Unless you are a real he-man you'll be making at least three more trips anyhow by yourself. Maybe even more depending on how much you can handle and how far.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics