Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Badlands Sacrifice pack

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Badlands Sacrifice pack

Postby snake » 07 25, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Has anybody looked at this pack or used it for anything yet? I have one and was planning on using it next year for a 5 day pack in hunt in the San Juans. It is advertised at 3500 cubic inches, but when I got it the tag said 3800, so I don't know exactly what it is. I planned on using it mainly for hauling my camp on my back for 5-6 miles maybe and setting up a sort of bivy spike camp. I am trying to contact an outfitter to see if they would haul the meat out for me if I do happen to get an elk. This being said, do you believe that this pack would be able to meet the majority of my needs?
snake

First Name: Jacob
Last Name: Dirnbeger

Re: Badlands Sacrifice pack

Postby outdoordan » 07 25, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I have them in the store here. I have not used one, but have put it on and walked around the store. I like it, although it will not take a 75 lb+ load out too well. It will be a great 3-5 day bivy pack and will serve you well. Good luck and post pictures!

http://www.hunthardcore1.com/store/main/

Forum Sponsor
outdoordan

First Name: Dan
Last Name: Allred

Postby Freebird134 » 07 25, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Isn't this kind of the "Cameron hanes" pack? And doesn't Cameron Hanes use Tenzing packs? That says something about either 1) the Sacrafice or 2) Cameron Hanes' ability to sellout.
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Chukarhunter » 07 26, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Freebird134 wrote:Isn't this kind of the "Cameron hanes" pack? And doesn't Cameron Hanes use Tenzing packs? That says something about either 1) the Sacrafice or 2) Cameron Hanes' ability to sellout.

I had the chance to talk with Cam at the ISE show in Sacramento, in 2011. He had the Sacrifice pack with him, and really liked it. That said, I haven't kept up with him, and didn't know he had changed to the Tenzing.
Chukarhunter

First Name: Bill

Postby Freebird134 » 07 26, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Chukarhunter wrote:I had the chance to talk with Cam at the ISE show in Sacramento, in 2011. He had the Sacrifice pack with him, and really liked it. That said, I haven't kept up with him, and didn't know he had changed to the Tenzing.

It's definitely a nice pack, but lets be realistic: he's going to "really like" any pack that pays him to use their pack. And I would too! :lol:
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby Vanish » 08 01, 2012 •  [Post 6]

I wouldn't worry about the pack because of Cam's switch. Let's be honest, he's being paid to be crazy and hunt, you take what you can get!

I have the Badlands 4500. I love the pack, but since I started backpacking a lot, it has started to have some issues. Last year, the frame broke on me on the last day of elk season. One of the zippers also broke. They fixed it no questions asked, just had to send it in, but I would have been in trouble had it been earlier. It now looks like one of the shoulder straps stitching is starting to pull where it attaches to the pack. It is also a heavy pack, but it is very comfortable and can haul a ton.

If I wanted a lightweight pack, I would probably go with a pack from a standard company.
Vanish

First Name: Ryan
Last Name: Driskel