Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Vortex optics

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Vortex optics

Postby bullrub » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Last year my son's bought me a pair of Vortex Diamondback 10x42 binoculas. I'm here to tell you, they are as good as any topend optics on the market today for the price. Anyone looking for good quilty optic that won't break the bank,can't go wrong with these optics.
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Re: Vortex optics

Postby Swede » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I purchased the Vipers from Elknut. Paul said I could return them for a full refund if I was not completely satisfied. I thought I might want to change to the Razors if the Vipers were not up to par, so I spent some time carefully studying them. I set up where I could look at a well set target. The target was my neighbor's window with cross pieces making it look kind of like a Tic Tac Toe game with very straight lines and sharp edges. They also had a window with partially closed shades, with good straight lines. After careful examination, I determined the quality was great. In the evening I checked their light gathering ability and determined them to be excellent. I have often read you should purchase the most expensive binoculars you can possibly afford. Why? With the Vortex binoculars I can save $2,000 + , still have excellent glasses, and afford a very nice hunt.
A word to the wise is in order here. If you glass a neighbor's house like I did, wait until they are not home or call ahead. They probably will not understand what you are up to.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Is your neighbor male or female? LOL! No matter, I love my Vipers as well. Great light gathering quality as well.
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Swede » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 4]

Fortunately for me they are an older couple who are gone alot.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby bullrub » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Hope the police dont come knocking on your door Swede. LOL
bullrub

First Name: Dave
Last Name: Winters

Postby pointysticks » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 6]

OP..you are pretty much preaching to the choir.

i love my VIPER HD spotting scope. very interested this coming january, when i am sitting next to a buddy with his Leica spotting scope. curious to see the level of difference.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Postby elkaholic » 07 19, 2012 •  [Post 7]

I have the Viper HD spotter and the Viper PST rifle scope. Love the rifle scope. I just got the spotter and am really looking forward to "seeing" what it is capable of!
elkaholic

First Name: Leland
Last Name: Stanford