Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

I have a new release coming

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

I have a new release coming

Postby Toby » 01 04, 2014 •  [Post 1]

I ordered a Scott Longhorn Hex that should be here on Monday. I have fought some target panic and tend to rush my shots, so after a lot of research I decided I would try this release. I tried the Scott Longhorn Hunter which is a regular hinge style release with a wrist strap attached so you don't lose it. I liked the surprise release of the hinge, but didn't care for holding it in my hand. So, I ordered the hex. You draw it with the wrist strap and use two fingers to trigger it. There is a lot of controversial discussion about it on AT, about weather it is a hinge or just a two fingered trigger, but I called Scott Archery and talked to their tech guys and it can be triggered as a hinge or just pull through, or even squeeze two fingers like a trigger. You can develop a triggering mechanism to suit your needs. So, I thought I would give it a try to see if I can eliminate the TP and slow myself down some on the shot. You can see it on Scott Archery site and there are several YouTube videos on it as well.

I will report more next week when I have had a chance to shoot it some.
Toby