Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Has anyone used a Tagged Out Extreme archery sight for elk?

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Has anyone used a Tagged Out Extreme archery sight for elk?

Postby rufe » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I was wondering if anyone out there has used the Tagged Out Extreme Archery sight from Bad Rivers for Elk? I have been hunting out west twice for Elk with my bow and one of the really hard things for me is yardage estimation. I use a rangefinder, but sometimes the Elk move at the last second. This sight mounts on the inside of your present bow sight and has lines that will tell you the yardage from 20 to 40 yards. It looks really simple and fast. I'm from Michigan and guessing the range out west is really hard for me. Thanks.
rufe

First Name: Rufus A.
Last Name: Bailey

Re: Has anyone used a Tagged Out Extreme archery sight for e

Postby bowpackerrob » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I have one for deer and one for elk. It does get you within a close estimate especially if you are in a hurry or can't move to use your rangefinder. I like it also due to the fact it is a little extra protection for my sight pins. Not a bad investment in my opinion.
bowpackerrob

First Name: Robbie
Last Name: Crocker

Postby ctdad » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I use the dead on range finder that sounds similar to what you are describing. Inexpensive and very easy to attach to your existing sight. Works well and can be used out to 60 yards. I've only had it since January though so my first real field test will be in September.
ctdad

Postby planebow » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I too put a dead on rangefinder on my site this year. Overshot a bull last year, he ran as I started to draw and I stopped him with a cow call, he stopped broadside and my arrow passed over him right where my 20 yard pin was at. I carry a rangefinder but sometimes a person does not have time to range your shot. Hope this helps this year.
planebow

First Name: Robert
Last Name: Howard

Postby rufe » 07 11, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Hey guys thanks for the help. I ordered the Tagged Out Extreme (deer) and put it on my bow today. I sighted it in and really like it. It's great to use with a hand held range finder as if the animal moves at the last second you can quickly range without letting your bow down. I thought it was really hard to range distance out west. This one is easy to read. I looked at the dead on one, but that looked really confusing to me. I also ordered the elk Tagged Out, so I hope I will get to use that one soon. Thanks.
rufe

First Name: Rufus A.
Last Name: Bailey