Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Great Maps - MyTopo

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Great Maps - MyTopo

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 07, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I live right on the Boarder of Oregon/Washington and nearest large city is on the Washington side. I've never been able to find really decent map for the area's I hunt in Oregon. There is a website that will sell quad maps but they want $8 each. One of my hunting spots encompasses 6 quads and the other hunting spot encompasses 3 quads. So to get the entire area, I would have needed to spent $72. For those of you who are in the same position as I am, there is a really great solution.

http://www.mytopo.com

This website provides 7.5 minute 1:24000 scale maps. You also get to choose the area so it can be printed to fit your hunt. The maps are $14 each for the oversize ones and shipping was like $5.00. Cost me less than $35 and the greatest part is I only have to carry one map for each locations.
JohnFitzgerald

Re: Great Maps - MyTopo

Postby Freebird134 » 07 07, 2012 •  [Post 2]

x2 for mytopo.com. I think mine was more than $14, but maybe I got a different size or option. But they are beautiful maps and you can center them right where you want 'em, the scale you want, and other features (like topo shading, which I love). They are waterproof and you can get them rolled or folded. I'm a big fan!
Freebird134

First Name: Brandon

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I just ordered 3 more maps and used the promo code "USARA" and got 10% off.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby bowpackerrob » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I have used huntinggpsmaps.com since you can order the maps downloaded on a sd card and put them into your gps. Is it possible to download these maps to your gps or to a sd card? Looking at the website, it shows it to be able to be downloaded to a computer with a subscription but not sure about the sd card part.
bowpackerrob

First Name: Robbie
Last Name: Crocker

Postby elkmtngear » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 5]

JohnFitzgerald wrote:I just ordered 3 more maps and used the promo code "USARA" and got 10% off.

John, thanks for the discount code, I just ordered another My Topo Map.
Best of Luck,
Jeff (Elknut Forums Sponsor)
http://elkmtngear.com/blog/elk-mountain/introducing-the-worlds-most-versatile-blind
the Elk Mountain SLIP System...SLIP it on, SLIP in, and get the SHOT!
elkmtngear
Site Sponsor

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 08, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Good stuff guys1! I'm a map freak! (grin) Maps, maps, more maps! (grin)

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul