Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

grunt tube for diaphragm calls

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

grunt tube for diaphragm calls

Postby shorthair15 » 07 03, 2012 •  [Post 1]

i noticed with the grunt tube i have it does not fit over my lips very well makes it tough for lip bawling and takes away from some of my sounds. looking for s smaller grunt tube with a bigger end to fit over my lips. i think this will improve my sounds some thanks
shorthair15

First Name: scott
Last Name: dyer

Re: grunt tube for diaphragm calls

Postby ElkNut1 » 07 04, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Go over to the ElkNut Video Clips there at top & to the right! Watch the Grunts, Lip Bawl & Chuckles Clip. Notice how I show to hold the Mouthpiece away from bottom lip to avoid the very issue you are talking about! Hopefully the visual aid will help out a bit!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 04, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I noticed that Elknut did not endorse his own product so I'll do that for him as well as for you. The Chuckler EL and the Lil Chuckler EL are two of the finest grunt tubes on the market. No holds barred, hands down!!!

I probably have had dozens of different tubes over the years. And I have narrowed my choices down to those two tubes with the Lil Chuckler being my go to call for hunting. This is mainly because of the size and ease of carry. Both are absolutely great calls. You can't go wrong with either one of them.

But in the end, it is the ability of the caller that puts the real iceing on the cake. A good caller with great equipment will be a match for any elk in the woods!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby JohnFitzgerald » 07 05, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I have 5 different flavors of grunt tubes. Paul's Chukler produces the best sound hands down.
JohnFitzgerald

Postby Jahnke76 » 07 05, 2012 •  [Post 5]

I looked at a few before I stumbled onto elknuts. I went with the xtr because I wasnt sure if I was going to be able to use mouth reeds at all. After getting the tube in my hands Im glad I went with this one.
Jahnke76

Postby elkaholic » 07 05, 2012 •  [Post 6]

I currently have a Bully Bull from Bugling Bull game calls but have a Chuckler EL in the mail headed my way. The Bully Bull's opening is too small and one of the nice things I liked about the EL was a larger opening. Yes watch the videos as they will help a ton. REALLY looking forward to trying out the Chuckler and the Closer diaphragm coming with it!! :twisted:
elkaholic

First Name: Leland
Last Name: Stanford