Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Game Cart

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Game Cart

Postby Swede » 06 21, 2012 •  [Post 1]

I have a game cart that I purchased from Cabelas a few years ago, to make it easier to haul out elk. It is as tough as a tank and handles like one also. The wheels are solid rubber with a diameter of about 12 inches. The back end of the cart is so low the second person who pushes and lifts has to stoop to hold on, or he needs a rope attached which bites into his hand. This setup is so poor that my friends and I rarely ever use the cart. We don't take it out even on an old closed road. What am I missing here? Can my piece of junk be turned into the great tool it was advertised to be? I don't want to buy a new cart, as my friends, who sometimes question my sanity, would know I have lost all connection with reality. LOL
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Re: Game Cart

Postby dotman » 06 21, 2012 •  [Post 2]

Buy a donkey :)
dotman

Postby ElkNut1 » 06 22, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I'm sure if you took the time to work with it something could be had by it. Roads of sorts would probably be where it would be used most!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby planebow » 06 22, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I have a cart I picked up several years ago with 18" solid wheels. Have used it with deer but is only good on the roads. Am building a bracket so I can slip of the wheels and install a single wheelborrow wheel under it so it can be used on trails that are not wide enough for the 2 wheels. Designing it to be a quick change.
planebow

First Name: Robert
Last Name: Howard

Postby Goneelkn » 06 22, 2012 •  [Post 5]

Bend some conduit and bolt it on. If it's a collapsable, use pins or wing nuts on a bolt.
Goneelkn

Postby Swede » 06 22, 2012 •  [Post 6]

Thanks for the ideas. I have no way to make a wheel borrow out of my cart due to the way it is designed. It is just too low all around. I think the conduit idea has merit. I will have to look at it again and see how I could make a positive change. To date I have welded together an extension with a new square tube handle that nearly matches the original, but I was not satisfied the modifcation went far enough. Again Thanks
Swede

Postby westaner » 06 22, 2012 •  [Post 7]

Swede if you have one that folds up after you take the pins out of theside bars, fold it up tighter and drill new holes so it can be held onto by both front and back , I think I have the same problem.
westaner

First Name: K.C.

Postby Swede » 06 23, 2012 •  [Post 8]

Westerner thanks. That is exactly what I have. I think the wheels are larger than the 12 inch like I first wrote. Maybe they are 16 inch in diameter. Anyway you have described my cart, and I will try that. I will check it out today.
Swede