Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Archers Paradox

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Archers Paradox

Postby cnelk » 03 07, 2013 •  [Post 1]

I recently saw this and found it very interesting to watch.
Amazing stuff

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96KGWC0PB6s
cnelk

First Name: Brad
Last Name: K

Re: Archers Paradox

Postby Swede » 03 07, 2013 •  [Post 2]

There can be some good information gained by watching this video, when planning to do some paper tuning.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby buglmin » 03 07, 2013 •  [Post 3]

I got to help out when Easton first did this in the mid 90's, got to see how arrows hit targets and how wood and aluminum actually looked like garden hoses on impact when using a slo mo camera. It was great to see the difference in paradox from a finger shooter and a release shooter. learned a lot from it.
buglmin

Postby Swede » 03 07, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Buglmin: That video may be the same one we watched 15+ years ago at the PSE dealers school. It was not new then. I remember Ed Elison explaining arrow flight and a lot more on just arrows.
Swede

Postby buglmin » 03 08, 2013 •  [Post 5]

It was fun. Terry and Michele Ragsdale, Dwight Schuh, Dave Holt, Randy Ulmer and several others got to shoot our bows while Easton recorded them. Watching a bow go off in slo mo is amazing. The way everything shakes, limbs, arrow rests, and watching the way arrows come bending out of a bow, wow!! Its amazing we can even get them tuned. And Im wondering why it took so long for compound companies to start selling thier bows with string stops on them. I've still got my copy, and Easton did it in 1996.
I was shooting ACC's then, and we got to shoot arrows into several targets, foam, bag targets, and 3D targets. Watching how arrows bend on impact was a sight to behold. Guys complained Easton did it only to promote carbon arrows and the set ups were different. But I was there, and got to see wood and aluminum arrows actually look like a garden hose when they impacted the targets compared to carbon shafts. So glad I was an ACC shooter.
buglmin

Postby Swede » 03 08, 2013 •  [Post 6]

Very interesting Buglmin. I went to the PSE school in the fall of 1997. George Chapman put it on, with the help of Terry Ragsdale and others there.
Swede

Postby buglmin » 03 08, 2013 •  [Post 7]

I was shooting for High Country Archery then, and real good friends with the Hoyt/Easton rep, so thats how I got invited to Easton. It was fun watching all these other guys shoot. We would shoot a few arrows then run and watch on the slo mo cameras. Man, was that a long long time ago...now I really feel old and wore out!!
buglmin