Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Badlands apparel

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Badlands apparel

Postby snake » 02 15, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Last year I bought some of the Badlands Biothermic line of hunting clothes. I was just wondering if anybody else here has elk hunted with these clothes and wanted to know what they thought of them. I thought that they were OK, but I don't like the care instructions as you cannot put the biothermic clothes in the dryer and it takes a while for them to air dry. It seems that once they get wet, it takes forever for them to dry out and I think this would definitely be a problem for me when elk hunting. I am open to any suggestions as far as what would be my best bet to do because I definitely want my clothing to be as comfortable as possible hunting in the mountains.
snake

First Name: Jacob
Last Name: Dirnbeger

Re: Badlands apparel

Postby dotman » 02 15, 2013 •  [Post 2]

If that is the case I would move on, get merino wool for your baselayers if you can but you also want all your gear to be quick to dry. I'm really impressed with first lite for durability, you can dry this in the dryer :). I used Kuiu attack pants last year and they did great, this year will be all first lite and kryptek.
dotman

Postby Indian Summer » 02 16, 2013 •  [Post 3]

2 votes for merino wool. I use Sitka but I'm going to try a First Lite shirt or two. Didn't know I could throw that in the dryer... even though I probably wouldn't.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby dotman » 02 16, 2013 •  [Post 4]

Yup first lite has the patent on it :). Will not shrink and I have been machine washing and drying FL merino for over a year, probably 20 cycles without issue. ZZero holes in my stuff and fits the same as it did on day 1. Wait, I did poke a hole with my finger in my llano long sleve right at the cuff but it has the most number of washes and use since it was my first piece I picked up. FL is the only merino I'll use cause I'm just hard on stuff, so if it lasts me a year it should last everyone else 2 or more :)
dotman