Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Electronic elk call

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Electronic elk call

Postby Indian Summer » 02 02, 2013 •  [Post 1]

Yesterday I talked to a friend from New Brunswick. He does some guiding in Alberta. There is a 6 point minimum there. They do pretty good on 320ish bulls.

He told me that they have a repeat client who works for an electronic call company. He said he's pretty sure they are not legal in Alberta. I know they aren't in Montana. Anyway he said the guy mentions the device here and there but never shows anyone. He kills a bull every year.

Last year he went out with the guy & they heard a bull sounding off so they split up. He said all of the sudden the guy started calling. He said the sound was incredible. Next thing he knew the bull comes in steady all the way. it scored 364 and is the biggest bull that outfit has ever killed.

I figured you'd love that idea Paul. LOL

I think I found the thing online. Cass Creek Ergo Elk Call. It has 5 buttons: Lonesome cow, Calf, Estrus Cow, Bugle, & Dominant Bugle

Has anyone else ever heard of it?

Maybe the Elknut can record his calling and we can just use that instead of going through the whole learning proccess. LOL

I can see the new Playbook.... move in to under 75 yards and push button #5. :lol:
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Re: Electronic elk call

Postby Accipiter » 02 25, 2013 •  [Post 2]

Foxpro has a good selection of vocals to go with their E-callers. Most of them are for preditor calling but they do have a few for elk, moose and wolf.
Accipiter

First Name: Eric
Last Name: Van Eck