Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Screwed up my plow

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Screwed up my plow

Postby wawhitey » 12 08, 2022 •  [Post 1]

Bad timing. Snowing all day. Was planning on plowing at first light. The deer were busting down the little fences around my neighbors apple trees to strip the branches. Rode over to chase them off. On the way back home, going through her gate that was opened barely wide enough for my quad, i was feeling a little too confident and went through fast. Smashed into a post, bent the frame of my plow. Oops.

Call to the arctic cat dealer, that plows been discontinued and i can no longer get parts for it, so id have to buy a whole new plow setup for that quad, blade and all. 900 somethin bucks.
Whole reason i was keeping the arctic cat was because i already had a plow for it. So figure ill just buy a plow for my new yamaha, sell the arctic cat. What a pain in the butt. Guess im heading to town first thing in the morning, then figuring out how to mount the new plow to my yamaha. Dealer is very busy, like 4 weeks out, so im on my own. Now i also get to deal with the joy of a craigslist ad to sell the arctic cat. Should be fun.
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Screwed up my plow

Postby Lefty » 12 09, 2022 •  [Post 2]

Done that, sorta, ATV caught a waven wire fence. Over the handle bars.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Swede » 12 09, 2022 •  [Post 3]

Why can't a decent machine shop repair your damaged plow? Some of those high school dropouts can fix anything.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 12 09, 2022 •  [Post 4]

Swede wrote:Why can't a decent machine shop repair your damaged plow? Some of those high school dropouts can fix anything.

Because this couldnt wait, and this is colville where youre lucky to get an oil change or a haircut without waiting a month. Bought my new yamaha this spring, supposed to do oil change etc etc at 150 miles. Wanted to let the dealership do the first service. They told me it would be 4 or 5 MONTHS before they could do it, no joke.
So anyway, i just bought a new plow setup for my grizz 700 and set it up this morning. Was only keeping the arctic cat because i already had a plow for it. Now im just going to sell the arctic cat.
They yamaha has way more power anyway, and power steering, and man that thing pushes snow like a champ.
wawhitey

Postby Tigger » 12 13, 2022 •  [Post 5]

well, you should have bought a Polaris, that would have taken out the post with no damage to the plow. Plus, when you get home, the Polaris will make you sandwich if you bought that factory option!
Tigger

Postby Swede » 12 14, 2022 •  [Post 6]

If it takes 4-5 months for a dealer to get around to changing your oil, then they are basically worthless. You would be just as well off buying one in Spokane or Portland for that matter.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby wawhitey » 12 14, 2022 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:If it takes 4-5 months for a dealer to get around to changing your oil, then they are basically worthless. You would be just as well off buying one in Spokane or Portland for that matter.

Oh i agree, theyre worthless. Bought my quad from them before i knew that. Didnt take long to find out. Theyre a yamaha / polaris dealer. East of town is an arctic cat dealer that runs their business very well and has a crew of very competent mechanics. They advertise nationally when theyre looking to hire. Ive been going to them for 10 years. Do basic oil changes myself but other stuff, i go to them. Kinda felt like a traitor bringing my new yamaha in to get the first service done :D
Guy that works there says so lemme guess, colville motorsports cant even get you in for an oil change? Were buried in blown up polarises because those guys cant get anybodys stuff done.
wawhitey

Postby Tigger » 12 15, 2022 •  [Post 8]

That is too bad the dealer is such a prune. Taints the whole brand. Our local Polaris dealer is just ok. But one about 30 miles away is just awesome. Gives you a completely different perspective on the brand. We have a good SkiDoo/Can-am dealer here. The Artic Cat dealer is 30 miles away and you never hear about them. Yamaha's are pretty nonexistent around here.

I do like it when my Polaris Ranger makes me a sammich though. Mmmmm. Tasty.
Tigger