Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Found some good .223

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Found some good .223

Postby wawhitey » 11 24, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Just figured id throw this out there, incase anybody shoots a .223 and cant find quality hunting ammo. I put together a good ar15 and bouggt a 223 ruger american predator right as this ammo shortage started, and have kind of had them collecting dust since. For a year or so ive been trying to find the 223 sierra game changer ammo, but its been nowhere to be found. Its the only stuff that shoots well in my .308 savage ul, and it shoots liggts out in my dads 6.5. Finally found it in 223 for sale and scooped up half a dozen boxes. Tried it out in the ruger yesterday and man its shooting hole for hole. Very very accurate. Best shooting .223 ammo ive tried yet, hands down. Hard to find good quality hunting ammo right now, so i stocked up, and they still have plenty left. Just incase anybody is looking. https://www.luckygunner.com/223-rem-64- ... -20-rounds
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Found some good .223

Postby Lefty » 12 16, 2021 •  [Post 2]

A buddy I hunt geese with bought a new 270 and wants to work up some loads.. He has plenty of brass and components,, just no bullets.

I ran to Sportsman's ware house, What use to be 20 foot long selection of bullets has maybe 40 boxes of bullets' for reloading total.
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby wawhitey » 12 16, 2021 •  [Post 3]

Lefty wrote:A buddy I hunt geese with bought a new 270 and wants to work up some loads.. He has plenty of brass and components,, just no bullets.

I ran to Sportsman's ware house, What use to be 20 foot long selection of bullets has maybe 40 boxes of bullets' for reloading total.

Swift has 130 grain a frames in stock, but they aint cheap
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Postby 7mmfan » 12 18, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Those Ruger Americans sure don't look like Daisy Dukes but they shoot like one. Every person I know with one loves them
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan