Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Broadheads

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Broadheads

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 11, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Who is getting new broadheads this year? And what are you getting? And if you love the ones you have what do you have?
Elkhunttoo

Re: New Broadheads

Postby Trumkin the Dwarf » 07 12, 2021 •  [Post 2]

I finally caved in to my OCD and bought some Iron Will Wides... I know I don't "need" them. But I "needed" them so bad!
Trumkin the Dwarf

First Name: Malachi
Last Name: C

Postby GoGriz1234 » 07 12, 2021 •  [Post 3]

I’m shootings Simmons Landsharks - 125g. The Owner is a great guy and they fly true for me so far.
GoGriz1234

First Name: Jeff
Last Name: Marshall

Postby JJ Overkill » 07 15, 2021 •  [Post 4]

I’m switching to the wac em 125s. Smaller blade than what I was using but I really like the ferrel design. They fly like darts out to 95yds.
PSE PRO STAFF since 2013,
JJ Overkill

First Name: jeremy

Postby Swede » 07 17, 2021 •  [Post 5]

JJ Overkill wrote:They fly like darts out to 95yds.

I agree with JJ on this. I have no stock or particular loyalty to any brand of broadhead. I want a broadhead that flies accurately, is super sharp and hold up well. I do not shoot over 40 yards and have no idea what my arrow would do at 95.
When I was out scouting last week, I went back to where I killed my elk last season. I had left the backbone and ribs together in the forest. They were still there intact. As I looked it over, I saw the broadhead still buried deep into the spine. It was exactly where it was supposed to be. Ya want to know something? I am not sure what brand of broadhead it is. I suspect I bought it at Walmart in the winter on sale. I am planning to take a saw back there and cut out a section of the spine and bring it home with the broadhead still lodged in it.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkhunttoo » 07 17, 2021 •  [Post 6]

Swede wrote:
JJ Overkill wrote:They fly like darts out to 95yds.

I agree with JJ on this. I have no stock or particular loyalty to any brand of broadhead. I want a broadhead that flies accurately, is super sharp and hold up well. I do not shoot over 40 yards and have no idea what my arrow would do at 95.
When I was out scouting last week, I went back to where I killed my elk last season. I had left the backbone and ribs together in the forest. They were still there intact. As I looked it over, I saw the broadhead still buried deep into the spine. It was exactly where it was supposed to be. Ya want to know something? I am not sure what brand of broadhead it is. I suspect I bought it at Walmart in the winter on sale. I am planning to take a saw back there and cut out a section of the spine and bring it home with the broadhead still lodged in it.

You’ll have to share pictures of that when you get it Swede…I want to get new ones but I think I have plenty from last year to just stay with those one more year and spend dollars elsewhere
Elkhunttoo

Postby Swede » 07 18, 2021 •  [Post 7]

Elkhunttoo wrote:You’ll have to share pictures of that when you get it Swede…

I will try to remember to do that. It was too much to pack out the whole skeleton and my grandson and I did not have a saw or camera when we went there nearly two weeks ago. We took my trail camera in and hung it. When we were looking at the skeleton my grandson saw the broadhead. I had forgotten about it. At that point I was wishing we had my hand saw so we could bring it out. I think it will look good on my desk as weird as that sounds.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics