Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Bed rugs

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Bed rugs

Postby wawhitey » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 1]

Anybody have one in their truck? Supposedly you can just pressure wash them pretty easy, but im kinda skeptical that they wont get funky / be high maintenance if they were to get bloody.
Attachments
Screenshot_20210526-115020_Chrome_copy_800x667.jpg
Screenshot_20210526-115020_Chrome_copy_800x667.jpg (89.72 KiB) Viewed 2230 times
Real eyes realize real lies
wawhitey

Re: Bed rugs

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 2]

I've seen a few rigs with those, but, they also had a topper/shell on them so the rug liner probably wasn't exposed to much goop (rain, ice, dirt, oil products, blood, etc.). Didn't that new Cadillac you bought come with a bed liner?
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby wawhitey » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 3]

It didnt cone with a liner, but i had a bullhide liner put in. But i feel like this on top of the bullhide would be nice, add some insulation. The canopy i ordered is insulated with carpet just like this.
wawhitey

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 4]

Ahh, gotcha.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Lefty » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 5]

I have some military high tech static free closed cell foam covered in indoor outdoor carpet. The foam fits between the wheels and the carpet flaps down to the rest.
Softens the pickup bed for sleeping and insulates underneath me
Ill take it out and rinse or power-hose to clean
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lefty » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 6]

I have a Leer shell,,, Dust still finds its way in
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby wawhitey » 05 26, 2021 •  [Post 7]

I just looked at their website and the place i ordered my canopy from is also a bed rug dealer. Man i could just have them slap one in when i take my truck down there to get the canopy on. Then id be set.
wawhitey

Postby Tigger » 05 27, 2021 •  [Post 8]

Just ordered a new topper and asked the dealer about these. I know him a little bit. He talked me out of it (he knew it cost him the sale). he had one and he said never again. It stinks to high heaven after a while if you use your truck for hauling deer, bear, cats, elk, etc. I was thinking of going to Menards or Home Depot and getting some carpet. Lay your bedmat on it and trace it. Cut it out and for about $25 you have the bottom anyway and if it stinks after a while, throw it out and start over.
Tigger

Postby Swede » 05 27, 2021 •  [Post 9]

I have used carpet like Tigger suggests. I clean it with a hose after each hunt. It is good. Now I have a section of 48 inch wide, 3/8th inch thick conveyor belt. It will fit tightly between the wheel wells of your new Chevy. It never stinks, is easy to clean and protects your bed floor better than anything else I have found. When you are over around Seattle you should be able to find some. I see several sites advertising used conveyor belt material online. One says they are good for horse stalls and pickup bed liners. I have had mine for over 10 years and it is as good as new.
Chevy advertised you could drop a load of concrete chunks, from a front end loader, into the bed of their pickup and it would survive. It would survive a lot better if they had a section of conveyor belt in the bottom.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics