Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

HEC Elimination Gear???

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

HEC Elimination Gear???

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Anyone see this Show on the Outdoor Channel? Anyone try this stuff? I'm not sure if it eliminates human odors or just the human presence? Any thoughts!

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Re: HEC Elimination Gear???

Postby planebow » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I have watched there vidio and it is suppost to cut down on electrical current or something like that. Or bowshop owner sweers by it. Have not wanted to spend the money to see for myself. Still skeptical I quess.
planebow

First Name: Robert
Last Name: Howard

Postby Broken arrow » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 3]

I'm they same way planebow! I do believe every living creature does produce electrical impulses but not sure clothing will eliminate that 6th sense we have all experienced.
Broken arrow

Postby Swede » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 4]

I bought the stuff. I gave mine to my son. He used it quite a bit, but he got neither a deer nor an elk. I would not bad mouth the stuff, but it is no panacea either.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby buglmin » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 5]

I dunno, I've been having thoughts bout it, have talked to Mike about it, and he swears it works. But I dont see how typical cloth with a different grid pattern would block the electrical pulses. Mike uses the microwave grids as an example, but from being in the glass business for over 26 years, I know the glass on a microwave is a special glass that you cant buy at a glass shop. So i am skeptical about it. But I would like to try it, just to see...
buglmin

Postby >>>---WW----> » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 6]

WAT CHEW TALKIN BOUT WILLIS!!!!!! Hmmmmmmmmmmm! I wonder if the wind blocks your electrical implus or can you just forget the wind and hunt. LOL!

I wonder if I had the HEC Elimination Gear, the Ozonics thingy, Scent Loc, and some Super Duper scents and lures, if I might be able to attract the whole herd. I do have some ocean front property here in Colorado I'll sell you.

Guess you might call me a non-believer!!!!
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Swede » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 7]

I am not a real believer, but I will try anything. I too bought mine directly from Mike at the annual Oregon Bowhunter convention. If sincerity was proof, then certainly Mike offers plenty. Maybe I just never had the right situation for it do do its magic. If I was on tight budget, I would invest in other items, but if you are interested and have a few extra dollars, then give it a try. At least it does not hurt your hunting success.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby elkoholic » 12 24, 2012 •  [Post 8]

I have seen it. I'm always willing to give things a try, but I'm a skeptic!
elkoholic

First Name: Chewy
Last Name: Swatzell

Postby ElkNut1 » 12 27, 2012 •  [Post 9]

The more I look into it the more of a gimmick I see it is! My opinion is "no thanks"

ElkNut1
ElkNut1
ElkNut/Paul

Postby bowpackerrob » 12 29, 2012 •  [Post 10]

Skeptic as well. Nothing substitutes playing the wind and just good old woodsmanship in my opinion. Concerns me that our younger generation is losing alot of this due to all the great hunting technology out there. Scares me to think what it may be like in 20 years.
bowpackerrob

First Name: Robbie
Last Name: Crocker

Postby mattstanton » 12 30, 2012 •  [Post 11]

wind, movement, wind, wind, movement and...........oh ya, WIND!!!!!!! You can keep the rest of the gimicks!!
mattstanton