Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

What did you forget!!!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

What did you forget!!!

Postby Lefty » 11 03, 2020 •  [Post 1]

. I didnt for get it, ;) , but took the para-cord out of my pack after archery season. :o And dint have it when needed during deer season
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: What did you forget!!!

Postby 7mmfan » 11 04, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Miraculously I made it through this whole season without forgetting anything important. I did forget things, but none of them were important or even would have been used most likely. My Dad on the other hand... well that's a long story.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Lefty » 11 04, 2020 •  [Post 3]

7mmfan wrote:Miraculously I made it through this whole season without forgetting anything important. I did forget things, but none of them were important or even would have been used most likely. My Dad on the other hand... well that's a long story.

Gun?
Shells?
License?
TP?
Lefty

Postby 7mmfan » 11 04, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Lefty wrote:
7mmfan wrote:Miraculously I made it through this whole season without forgetting anything important. I did forget things, but none of them were important or even would have been used most likely. My Dad on the other hand... well that's a long story.

Gun?
Shells?
License?
TP?

How he forgot anything is beyond me, but it started with the camp tables, both of them. He realized it an hour from home, turned around and drove back. Thus delaying his trip by 2 hours. Then when 3 hours from home on his 2nd outing he realized he'd forgotten his cot. Hadhis pad, but not the cot. We had a friend coming over 2 days later so I coordinated with him to get that to him. Once in camp he realized he'd forgotten for the 3rd time in 4 years, the camp box which has stove, lantern, cooking and eating utensils, misc necessities. Luckily was able to coordinate that with same friend. He has a list, and he uses it, so I'm not sure how he forgot so much stuff. Oh well, it worked out.
7mmfan

Postby Lefty » 11 13, 2020 •  [Post 5]

I use to have scouts forget important items,
One time we lived three days on the Columgbia River, 2 lbs of butter and a bag of Krusties.
Lucky the blackberries were on,.
Lefty

Postby 7mmfan » 11 13, 2020 •  [Post 6]

Lefty wrote:I use to have scouts forget important items,
One time we lived three days on the Columgbia River, 2 lbs of butter and a bag of Krusties.

I would hope being on the mighty CO that you'd be able to catch some food to eat as well
7mmfan

Postby Lefty » 11 18, 2020 •  [Post 7]

7mmfan wrote:
Lefty wrote:I use to have scouts forget important items,

I would hope being on the mighty CO that you'd be able to catch some food to eat as well

It was just a boat trip, Launched in Vancover,went down to the powerplant at Prescott, Came back up and stayed at Sand Island Marine Park . No fishing on that trip. We had too much fun to get hungry
Lefty