Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

hot weather wear help

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

hot weather wear help

Postby Lefty » 04 26, 2020 •  [Post 1]

I have some hot weather "desert" ultra light nylon pant, from Cabelas: tougher than nails,.. And I really like them for summer hiking back packing and early season hot weather hunting; but they were never produced for sale. I would quite like a hot weather long sleeved, pull over or 1/4 zip high collar or turtle neck to protect me from bugs, heat and sun, . I go in the woods, quite white. Even in the shadows my arms glow.
Ive seen the Under Armour heat gear camo with a fabric I would like ,.. but it looks like they gave up on camo
Cabelas ($19.00 and 29.00 ) had something, ,.. and maybe what Im looking for but I dont know. Both of the Cabelas shirts were available early this morning but no longer just hours later .I want thin, cool camo for those hot days.
Ive seen the Sitka and yeah that probably what I want 8-) ,.. But with whats happened to our retirement,.. $169 shirt is out of the budget.
Last year I bought a Catch and Relaese brand poly/spandex. the best I had found for the heat, but still heavier than I want.

Anything else out there , long sleeved, cool, camo?
Lefty
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Re: hot weather wear help

Postby Swede » 04 26, 2020 •  [Post 2]

Hot weather/cold weather, I have picked up some great stuff at Goodwill, and occasionally a garage sale. I don't care if it is matching or even camo. I like a large print patterns, and I avoid baggy slick clothes. Avoid anything that is noisy when a branch rubs it.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Tigger » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 3]

watch camofire an sierra trading post for sitka. You do NOT have to pay retail. For a Sitka long sleeve shirt, you should be paying $50 or less. I bought a couple for around $30 last year.
Tigger

Postby >>>---WW----> » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 4]

Leafy wear camo or a bug suit should work.
>>>---WW---->

Postby 7mmfan » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 5]

Tigger wrote:watch camofire an sierra trading post for sitka. You do NOT have to pay retail. For a Sitka long sleeve shirt, you should be paying $50 or less. I bought a couple for around $30 last year.

Like Tigger said, Camofire, Sierra Trading Post, Steep and Cheap, Backcountry.com, etc... all good places to find good products at discounted prices.
I hunt therefore I am. I fish therefore I lie.
7mmfan

Postby Tigger » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 6]

a la natural is always an option!
Tigger

Postby Lefty » 04 27, 2020 •  [Post 7]

Tigger wrote:a la natural is always an option!

I would scare everything out of the woods , A hairless YeTI

My bright white skin is what I need to hide,. :lol: :lol: I got tired of the daily camofire adds,.. too much stuff I would like to have but dont need. :)
Maybe Ive been spoiled by ending up what I want,.. ,.. Hmm. I just realized basically all my good stuff had been prototypes from Cabelas and Browning. and close out from Kings
.I had a bug net/turkey mask that I loved but I left on a stump and chewed up by a rodent
Swede our Goodwill and Deseret Industries have been closed for 5 weeks. And I do check. For a while both places would not resell military camo. other
than kid camo Ive never found clothes at either I wanted I generally buy camo for a purpose not the pattern Maybe the color, and likely I own some of the most random
camo patterns ever created

Like construction tools I buy what I need to do the job right or better. Same with clothing. . While most of my camo Ive gotten "cheap" or were gifts,.

Cabelas made and clearance what I wanted and I didnt jump on it, just a few hours and it was gone
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H