Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Victory "vap" arrows

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Victory "vap" arrows

Postby Heartwood » 12 08, 2012 •  [Post 1]

Any first hand experience with these ultra thin shafts. I know archery is full of gimics but these seem like they might be some tough deep penetrating arrows. Any opinions?
Heartwood

First Name: Matt
Last Name: Houle

Re: Victory "vap" arrows

Postby buglmin » 12 08, 2012 •  [Post 2]

I got to shoot them three years ago before they were released to the public, and in all honesty, couldnt see the difference in them or the Beman MX. It was hard to get bow quivers to carry them properly, didnt like the outsets. It was like a bandaide to fix a problem. Just like the old carbon pultruded shafts. If small diameter shafts are what youre looking into, then you gotta look at the Easton Deep Six shafts. I had to use my mine catquiver to carry them though, cause again, most bow quivers dont hold shafts that small. And with companies like NAP and Muzzy making broadheads that fit them, they are a super penetrating arrow...
buglmin

Re: Victory "vap" arrows

Postby HurricaneHuge » 12 09, 2012 •  [Post 3]

Most people shooting VAP's are using them for field archery anymore, because of the small surface area of the shafts. There are better options out there for smaller diameter shafts IMO. I've been shooting the Gold Tip Kinetics the past 2 years, with very good results. Love the insert/outsert design for increasing the life of small diameter arrows VS. the HIT style insert. HIT's just allow too much damage to arrows, and hurts FOC with shafts that are inherently harder to increase one's FOC if desired. I like the idea and weights of FMJ's, but they just don't spin as well as I'd like.
HurricaneHuge