Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Kenetrek Mountain Extreme - Very Pleased!

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Kenetrek Mountain Extreme - Very Pleased!

Postby SquirrelTeam6 » 07 03, 2019 •  [Post 1]

I spent more time researching boots to buy than I did buying my house! I settled on the Kenetrek Mountain Extremes (NI). I’m in the middle of nowhere Arkansas and couldn’t find anyone within 250 miles that even carried them. When I did find a store over 250 miles away, they didn’t carry what I wanted. I called Kenetrek and the lady I spoke with told me to buy 1/2 size larger than my Rockports. I received the other day and they are fantastic! First night I wore them to work out at the gym. I am wearing them 1-2 hours a day, to break them in. I’m just wearing my liners for now. I know I haven’t put them to any kind of test yet, but I’m so pleased.
SquirrelTeam6

Re: Kenetrek Mountain Extreme - Very Pleased!

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 07 03, 2019 •  [Post 2]

I’ve heard nothing but good things about the Kenetrek Mountain boots. Thanks for sharing your satisfaction with them ST6.
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Swede » 07 03, 2019 •  [Post 3]

SquirrelTeam6 wrote: First night I wore them to work out at the gym. I am wearing them 1-2 hours a day, to break them in. I’m just wearing my liners for now. I know I haven’t put them to any kind of test yet, but I’m so pleased.

"Next I will wear them to bed and dream of elk hunting, then it is off to church." ST6 :lol:
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby SquirrelTeam6 » 07 04, 2019 •  [Post 4]

On the way to the gym!!!
Attachments
Boots gym.jpg
Boots gym.jpg (89.58 KiB) Viewed 2461 times
SquirrelTeam6

Postby Swede » 07 04, 2019 •  [Post 5]

Anyway, they are nice looking boots. I hope you get to put them to some use packing out your elk this year.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby >>>---WW----> » 07 04, 2019 •  [Post 6]

Sorta like the old say'n goes, "If the shoe fits, wear it"! :D
>>>---WW---->
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Indian Summer » 07 04, 2019 •  [Post 7]

I have about a thousand miles on a pair of Kene Mnt Extremes. I don’t really remember how long I’ve had them. At least 10 years. They’ve run down lots of bulls and carried a pile of dead ones off of mountains. The tread is still plenty deep. I used Freesole last year to glue the rubber on the toe that was starting to peel. I put Tuff Toe over that for an insurance policy. My guess is I’ll get another good 10 years out of them. People think $400 is a lot for a pair of boots. But those bad boys are literally where the rubber meets the road and $20 per year is dirt cheap if you ask me!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro