Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Federal Edge TLR

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Federal Edge TLR

Postby Koda » 04 07, 2019 •  [Post 1]

Hello.
New to the board.
Wondering if anyone has used or has info on the Federal Edge TLR ammunition. I searched the forum and found nothing on them.
Thanks for any replies!
Koda

Re: Federal Edge TLR

Postby Swede » 04 07, 2019 •  [Post 2]

Welcome to the forum Koda. It is great to have you here. Join in the discussions and get acquainted with the nuts around the campfire. I do not know anything about the ammunition you are requesting information on. Maybe someone else will. We will maintain his thread here for the day, but it will be moved to the gear/weapons forum soon. Again welcome to wapititalk.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby Elkduds » 04 07, 2019 •  [Post 3]

Welcome to the friendliest elk forum on the interweb. Pull up a stump by the fire and tell us a little about yourself. I got nothing on the ammo in question, curious what caliber you are sending downrange.
Elkduds

First Name: Mark
Last Name: Scott

Postby WapitiTalk1 » 04 07, 2019 •  [Post 4]

Yes sir, welcome to the forum. That round indeed looks interesting ;)
WapitiTalk1

First Name: RJ

Postby Indian Summer » 04 07, 2019 •  [Post 5]

I’ve use my share of Federal premium ammo in my .300 Rem Ultra Mag. I’m definitely a fan of their products. I haven’t used this line but I took a minute to read up on it to see if I could offer you some feedback and because I’m interested in all long range ammo. My conclusion is that they’ve done their homework to see what their competitors are successful selling and this is their answer to the Nosler Accubond which is extremely popular with LR shooters including myself. As all guys who reload we are always open to anything that will tighten our groups. So I’m going to see if I can order some 30 cal heavyweight rounds to try. In the meantime I’ll be on the lookout for reviews from other guys. It’s identical to Accubonds and coming from a tried and true company like Federal it’s worth a look.

Welcome aboard Koda....
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Indian Summer » 04 07, 2019 •  [Post 6]

I see they offer a.30 cal in 200 grain.... that’ll work! But for now it’s on backorder from Midway USA. There are some good reviews on their site and one even mentioned that the boxes of bullets come with load data which is priceless.

I also see that a portion of all proceeds from the sale of that ammo goes to the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. How cool is that!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Koda » 04 09, 2019 •  [Post 7]

Thanks for all the info and thanks for the warm welcome. I live in Texas and hunt elk and mule deer in New Mexico. Hunt whitetail locally. I have only hunted elk with a smoke pole. Just bought a 7mm Rem Mag that I am asking about the ammo for. Plan to use the 7mm if I ever get drawn again in NM (non-resident draw is tough). Lately have been doing research in other states for elk hunting. I may be dead before ever drawing again in NM so gotta look at other options.
So it sounds like yall are impressed initially with this ammo. Let me know what your further investigations tells you.
Thanks again,Koda
Koda