Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

New Camo Patterns

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

New Camo Patterns

Postby BadgerStateBugler » 12 04, 2018 •  [Post 1]

So I have been seeing a bunch of new Camo patterns out there. What are guys using?
I have seen one that looks like KUIU's VIAS pattern but has some digital markings on it. Any idea what that is?
I have also been pretty happy with some older Mouthwing Mountain Mimicry this year...
BadgerStateBugler

Re: New Camo Patterns

Postby Swede » 12 04, 2018 •  [Post 2]

I have a nice selection of Contemporary Hocus Pocus. It takes the very best of all the cheap patterns you can get on clearance or garage sales, and satisfies the most discriminating of wildlife tastes. I think my favorite individual pattern is called Aflac, or is that the insurance I see advertised so often? :D
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby saddlesore » 12 04, 2018 •  [Post 3]

Still blue jeans or grey wool pants and orange hunting coat here. Maybe in ML season I will use a pair of BDU"s pants for the extra pockets.

I guess I would put camo in the Useless Contraptions post .The only stuff I buy is because that is all the particular piece of clothing came in.I HATE CAMO GlOVES. Drop them in the dark in the morning and you can't find the darn things
saddlesore
Wapiti Hunting - Strategy and Tactics

Postby Swede » 12 04, 2018 •  [Post 4]

What I like about camo is the way I can look at it and say this is hunting gear, and store it accordingly. I get it for the tight sleeves, or modify them so the sleeves are not baggy. There is a practical side for me to camo, but I don't care much about the pattern. I would use plaid and get the same results.
Swede
Wapiti Hunting - Tree Stand Tactics

Postby jmez » 12 04, 2018 •  [Post 5]

I have a mix of several kinds. I buy what is on sale and none of it matches. The pattern of the clothing isn't a concern for me.

Sent from my moto z3 using Tapatalk
jmez

First Name: jason
Last Name: mez

Postby Indian Summer » 12 04, 2018 •  [Post 6]

I’m definitely not too picky about camo. Don’t move a muscle or Look them in the eye works best.

That said I like the digital patterns on all of my Sitka clothing very much.
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro

Postby Roosiebull » 12 05, 2018 •  [Post 7]

Swede wrote:What I like about camo is the way I can look at it and say this is hunting gear, and store it accordingly. I get it for the tight sleeves, or modify them so the sleeves are not baggy. There is a practical side for me to camo, but I don't care much about the pattern. I would use plaid and get the same results.

Totally agree. Most days I'm wearing several different patterns, it doesn't matter to me. Half of my pants are solid colors... don't matter
Roosiebull

Postby Lefty » 12 05, 2018 •  [Post 8]

If I was a single guy I would have the new selection of Kuiu and Sitka: works great at attracting gold digging divorces in my area. :?

I may not be as cheap as some of you guys but my old camo patternes on overstock, clearance , printed upsidedown works just fine. made by Browning, Cabelas or Kings. :o
The new Game Hide snow camo looks good enough
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Lefty » 12 05, 2018 •  [Post 9]

Roosiebull wrote:
Swede wrote:What I like about camo is the way I can look at it and say this is hunting gear, and store it accordingly. I get it for the tight sleeves, or modify them so the sleeves are not baggy. There is a practical side for me to camo, but I don't care much about the pattern. I would use plaid and get the same results.

Totally agree. Most days I'm wearing several different patterns, it doesn't matter to me. Half of my pants are solid colors... don't matter

From the guys who hunt the jungles of Washington and Oregon

Just messing with you guys!! . I just thought it was great not having to wear florescent orange when I was in Washington.
One time hunting the east side I was wearing my favorite yellow and brownish flannel JC Penny work shirt And some USA military desert camo pants. I guy stopped me at the truck. he saw my movement across the river. I saw him stop and sat down. Took him some time to spot me sitting on the hillside
Lefty

First Name: Dennis
Last Name: H

Postby Indian Summer » 12 06, 2018 •  [Post 10]

If I lived in western Washington I’d have fern camo!
Indian Summer
Wapiti Hunting Consultant

First Name: Joe
Last Name: Ferraro