Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

The California turkey, 3 weapon slam.

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

The California turkey, 3 weapon slam.

Postby pointysticks » 08 14, 2015 •  [Post 1]

my friend coined the term, and started this.

of my inner circle of friends..nobody has succeeded. not on the same spring season. Spring we are allowed three birds. one a day, until you limit out at 3. serious honor system thing going..i hope and pray people play by the rules. sadly..i've never been in the position to even consider a fourth bird..#3 is damn near impossible for me.

this challenge makes it crazy.

one bird each.
shotgun (easier)
pellet rifle. (unknown difficulty)
archery (my achilles..i get rattled bad in the presence of a strutting bird. trigger gets punchy, i torque grip, i shoot arrow holes in my blind) :)

i have to pay to play. i just got this shipped to me. my wife thinks i am insane, but whatever. i got a new toy.

Hatsun AT44-10 QE. in .22 cal. i havent shot it yet. it is clearly unsafe to fire this in my backyard..not when i am not positive where the bullet is gonna go. i still have to sight it in. reviews says dime sized groups at 50 yards. i hope so!! it is suppressed, so it is quiet. with heavy pellets they should stay subsonic. i got it early so i can try it in the fall turkey season..haha..if i got a .25 cal, i could probably kill a hog. oh well..next gun!
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: The California turkey, 3 weapon slam.

Postby pointysticks » 08 14, 2015 •  [Post 2]

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439564658.074162.jpg
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1439564658.074162.jpg (108.8 KiB) Viewed 2348 times
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l

Re: The California turkey, 3 weapon slam.

Postby GobbleFarmer » 08 14, 2015 •  [Post 3]

Thats pretty smart, good thinking from your bud! That looks like a pretty bad ass air rifle! Good luck!
“Tell me and I forget, teach me and I may remember, involve me and I learn.” ~ Benjamin Franklin.
GobbleFarmer