Wapiti Talk | Elk Hunting Forum | Elk Hunting Tips

Beard Buster Blind Hog Pack

Moderators: Swede, Tigger, Lefty, Indian Summer, WapitiTalk1

Beard Buster Blind Hog Pack

Postby ElwoodUT » 03 16, 2014 •  [Post 1]

OK so I am pumped for this turkey season. I found a farmer that has hundreds of turkeys on his land and says he would love for my friends and I to come and knock a few of them out of there.
I have been using a lot of Sportsmans Outdoor Products hunting packs and have been absolutely impressed with every aspect of this company. I have really been trying to decide if I should go and grab one of their Beard Buster Blind Hog turkey packs. I just don't know if I should trust that my friends will be able to haul some of the load or if I should grab this pack for days when you call up your buddies and they don't have the motivation so you end up hauling it all yourself on a solo mission.

I am sure if I go and buy one of these Beard Buster packs I will not be disappointed but if I pass on the Blind Hog then maybe I could grab their G2 Daypack or something.
Just looking for some more input. Trust the friends and do the G2 or follow my instincts and get the Blind Hog?
ElwoodUT

First Name: Preston
Last Name: D

Re: Beard Buster Blind Hog Pack

Postby pointysticks » 03 17, 2014 •  [Post 2]

i prep for solo.

but i wouldn't buy any blind pack. i used my beater 2800 from badlands. i stuff a blind chair into the tripod straps. i put the blind into the wings..i hang my DSD decoys over the blind. i carry everything. if i bring a partner..he carries the decoys and his own chair.

i still have room for gear and food :D

my hike in is short. if it was longer, i would do the same thing, except use a bigger pack.
pointysticks

First Name: cliff
Last Name: l